Available forKeynote, Virtual Presentation, Emcee, Moderator, Panel
US East: $10,000 – $20,000*
US West: $10,000 – $20,000*
Europe: $10,000 – $20,000*
Asia: $10,000 – $20,000*
The above fees are for in-person events. Please contact Gravity for virtual fees as they are typically at a discounted rate.
* Ranges are presented as a guideline only. Speaker fees vary by engagement type and are subject to change without notice. For an exact quote, please contact Gravity Speakers.
Traveling FromCalifornia, USA
Brian Banmiller is one of the nation’s most respected and well-known broadcast journalists. He has spent more than 40 years in the news industry, covering business, politics and the economy on television, radio and in print. He continues his four-decade-long career as a national business reporter for CBS News Radio, where his “Banmiller on Business” reports are delivered to an audience of millions nationwide.
Given his proximity to and connections in Silicon Valley, he has been covering the tech industry from its inception as a band of intrepid tinkerers in their garages to today’s global technology platforms used by billions worldwide. Banmiller has interviewed the Valley’s business leaders and innovators, and reported on the economic impact of key issues, including today’s critical debate surrounding Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, a major topic consuming tech executives who have widely different opinions on both its impact and regulation.
Brian has also reported on the rise, decline and rebirth of Silicon Valley, the fall of communism in Russia, the rise of capitalism in China, the ongoing threat of war in Korea, the economic future of Hong Kong, political instability in the Philippines, constant turmoil in northern Ireland, Brexit in England, the long-term economic impact of Germany’s reunification, and the fractures in the European Union.
He has interviewed Presidents Donald Trump, Bill Clinton, George HW Bush, and Soviet Union President Mikhail Gorbachev. Successful entrepreneurs and industry leaders include Bill Gates, Charles Schwab, William Hewlett, David Packard, John Sculley, William Dell, Peter Thiel, and many others. He uses those experiences in his broadcasting, writing and public speaking assignments, providing valuable (and occasionally humorous) insight to any audience.
As the business editor for KTVU Channel 2 news (Fox) in the San Francisco Bay Area from 1989 to 2005, Brian established himself as one of northern California’s most trusted authorities on Silicon Valley. For seven years he was executive producer and anchor of the nationally syndicated television business news magazine “On The Money with Brian Banmiller” and for five years was managing editor and co-anchor of “Silicon Valley Business”. Prior to joining KTVU Brian was a contributing Correspondent for the Wall Street Journal Report on Television.
A business school graduate of Villanova University, Banmiller spent 5 years as a Regular Officer in the United States Air Force, with tours of duty in Arizona, Vietnam, and Iran. He possessed security clearances above top secret and was discharged with the rank of Captain.
Questions, Answers, and Analysis
Brian’s vast experience as a professional journalist gives him unique abilities to bring out the best in any guest. In an on-stage “Question, Answer & Analysis” session, Brian will interact with your executives, creative thinkers and newsmakers to evoke deep insights that engage and excite your audience.
Brian’s personal manner and seasoned interviewing skills put even the most nervous guest at ease. His involvement makes for an outstanding and memorable event that is fresh, spontaneous and thought-provoking. It’s a great way to open up a meeting or presentation in a way that offers real value and leaves audiences more prepared to face their own professional challenges.
Artificial Intelligence: Friend Or Foe
This is the most talked about and debated subject in Silicon Valley. Some predict doom and gloom for jobs and the economy. Others say it’s the savior of civilization. Who is right and what it means for you? Will the rise of robots put you on the scrapheap?
How The Media Shapes Events And What That Means To You
Social media and the internet have upended the entire media industry. The traditional advertising model is forever changed. How you communicate to survive in this new and noisy environment will dictate your business success. And the fierce debate raging about “fake news” versus “legitimate journalism” will fuel political and economic rhetoric for years to come.
How We Communicate In The Internet Age
The ability to communicate is one of the greatest assets every business person must have in order to succeed in an age where we are bombarded with information, sales pitches, “fake news”, tweets, Facebook feeds, LinkedIn posts, etc. How can you make your “elevator speech” stand out in our 30-second world? And millennial’s short attention spans make their ability to communicate effectively a challenge.
The Promises And Perils Facing World Economies In The Coming Decade
The United States is under threat of losing its place as the world’s leading economy. China, India and the European Union are but three regions challenging US supremacy. The very real and continuing threat of nationalist uprisings in Spain and northern Italy are precursors to political and economic upheaval worldwide. Brexit may just be the start.
From The Field: Great Leader Stories
From interviewing the communist candidate for President of Russia to covering Donald Trump to commuting to Washington to cover the Clinton impeachment hearings, it has been a wild forty year long ride filled with outsized personalities, huge egos, and saints and sinners in the world of business and politics.
- “A superb keynote for your conference. Brian has interviewed some of the most fascinating people in the world, understands the latest trends in the business community and talks eloquently about both. He'll make a superb keynote speaker for your conference. While he's there, why not hire him to emcee your entire event? Your attendees will be talking about the quality of your conference for years.” Patricia Fripp, CSP, CPAE President, National Speakers Association
- “I find Brian one of the very best business reporters in the country. He is a great interviewer and makes business and the markets understandable to his many viewers and listeners nationwide.” Charles Schwab Chairman Charles Schwab Corporation
- “I have been interviewed by Brian dozens of times over my career, from Chief Communications Officer for Charles Schwab to my current work advising Fortune 500 CEO’s. His communications skills are excellent, with his unique ability to make complicated topics entertaining to millions of listeners and live audiences.” Mark Thompson Executive Coach and Best-Selling Author on Leadership
- “Brian Banmiller is one of the most knowledgeable and entertaining personalities in business news reporting. Simply put, he gets it.” John Chen CEO, Blackberry
- “Brian Banmiller makes sure that business and economics make sense.” Daniel Yergin Award-Winning Author, "The Prize: The Epic Quest for Oil, Money and Power"
- “I can’t think of anyone who is better than you Brian to help us all figure out what is going on and how to cope in these changing financial times.” Barry Thurston President, Columbia Tri-Star Television Distribution
- “By painting a clear and compelling picture of the global economy, Brian arms an audience with the cutting-edge knowledge necessary to survive and thrive in an ever-evolving and dramatically changing worldwide business environment.” Tom Peters Best-Selling Author, "In Search of Excellence"
- “Brian has a common sense grasp of business and economics and presents that knowledge in an intelligent, conversational way. He’s always a welcome guest on our program.” Ronn Owens Talk Show Host and Marconi Award Winner, KGO/ABC Radio