Available forKeynote, Fireside Chat, Workshop and Training
US East: $20,000 – $30,000*
US West: $20,000 – $30,000*
Europe: $20,000 – $30,000*
Asia: $20,000 – $30,000*
Other: Please inquire
* Ranges are presented as a guideline only. Speaker fees vary by engagement type and are subject to change without notice. For an exact quote, please contact Gravity Speakers.
Traveling FromMassachusetts, USA
David Meerman Scott helps companies and organizations generate attention and grow business in a real-time world. He spotted the online content revolution in its infancy and wrote five books about it including The New Rules of Marketing & PR, the definitive book on the topic, translated into 29 languages. Now, there’s a new inflection point. The pendulum has swung too far, creating a world of digital chaos. Tech-weary and bot-wary people are longing for human connection. There are businesses and organizations who have learned to win by tapping into this mindset by creating a Fanocracy. David’s eleventh book, Fanocracy (coming January 2020 from Portfolio), proves that creating fandom is not something reserved just for celebrities, athletes, and authors. Creating a Fanocracy is rocket fuel used by forward-thinking companies and organizations of all sorts – including those from the most unlikely industries – to inspire and nurture true fans. David’s high-energy presentations highlight the strategies and success stories using bold images and video to energize audiences. David inspires people to set old ideas and fear aside and use new tools to achieve measurable, no-cost results to turn customers into fans and fans into customers.
David’s ideas have captured the attention of respected firms and organizations all over the world – having spoken in over 40 countries and on all seven continents. His groundbreaking strategies don’t just slap new tools onto dusty old strategies – they reinvent the way to engage the marketplace.
The top-selling book by David is The New Rules of Marketing & PR, a Wall Street Journal bestseller in its 6th edition with over 400,000 copies sold. It is available in 29 languages and used as a text in hundreds of universities and business schools worldwide. Real-Time Marketing & PR and The New Rules of Sales and Service have each broken new ground with fresh ideas. David is co-author of Marketing the Moon (and contributing producer of the 2019 PBS documentary it inspired, Chasing the Moon) and Marketing Lessons from The Grateful Dead. David’s next book is co-authored with his daughter, Reiko, and reveals how the power of fandom – long understood in the celebrity world – can be harnessed by business.
David is the pioneer of Newsjacking, a business growth strategy so successful that it is now listed in the Oxford English Dictionary: “In the space of a few short years, newsjacking has gone from an experimental technique to a staple in every social media-savvy marketing department’s arsenal. Its contemporary iteration, however, dates from the early twenty-first century, as first popularized by marketing and sales strategist David Meerman Scott.”
David is a globalist with real-world experience building businesses and a sharp eye for the bigger marketplace. He moved to Tokyo at age 26 to establish the Japan office of a Wall Street Real-Time economic advisory firm. He worked for global RealTime media companies in Tokyo for seven years and Hong Kong for two. David was Asia marketing director for Knight-Ridder in the mid-1990s before moving to the Boston area where he was marketing VP for two publicly-traded U.S. companies. Losing his job following the sale of NewsEdge to Thomson Reuters delivered David the gift of reinvention as a strategist advising organizations on the new realities of agile, Real-Time business.
David is a co-founder and partner in Signature Tones, a sonic branding studio. Signature Tones works with clients to create sonic logos and original music for use perfectly in tune with their brand. Sonic branding includes original music that is used in videos, podcasts, products, and services, as walk-on music for speaking engagements, in TV and radio commercials.
David is an advisor to emerging companies who are working to transform their industries by delivering disruptive products and services. Besides delivering success as a member of the board of directors of NewsWatch KK (successfully sold to Yahoo Japan) and Kadient (successfully merged with Sant), and on the board of advisors of Eloqua (successful IPO in mid-2012 and sale to Oracle in early 2013) and GrabCAD (successfully sold to Stratasys in mid-2014), his current portfolio of advisory clients includes HubSpot, where he has served since 2007, (successful IPO in 2014), digital selling firm Vengreso, Mynd, Harmony, YayPay, SlapFive, ExpertFile, and InstaViser as well as non-profits including the Grateful Dead Archive at University of California/Santa Cruz and HeadCount. He is also a strategic limited partner and advisor to Stage 2 Capital, a go-to-market venture capital fund investing in and advising companies scale sustainable revenue and healthy growth.
Fanocracy: Turning Fans into Customers and Customers into Fans
Why do some brands, even in supposedly mundane categories like car insurance and enterprise software, attract not just customers, or even loyal customers, but passionate fans? These brands have learned to provide the human connection people are now longing for. David Meerman Scott calls it a Fanocracy. Creating fandom isn’t just for actors, athletes, musicians, and authors. Fandom can be rocket fuel for any company or organization that chooses to focus on inspiring and nurturing true fans. This presentation is based on David’s book Fanocracy and offers inspiring examples of offbeat and mainstream businesses and organizations that have harnessed passion to create fans – both external and internal – to win big. David shows how the act of making business personal may be the most powerful business strategy of all at a time when the technology pendulum has swung too far and everyone is doubling down and sending yet another tweet, yet another YouTube video, yet another LinkedIn connection, leaving us feeling like we’re in a world of digital chaos.
The New Rules of Marketing and PR
Engaging customers on their own terms is the business survival skill of our time. Business is different today. We all know it. It’s a scary idea to set aside outdated beliefs and dusty old strategies but those old ways can cost you money. David Meerman Scott reveals fresh, measurable and low- and no-cost strategies to instantly and directly reach your audience. Scott’s high energy presentations shine a light on the best examples of success from a wide variety of large and small organizations – from business-to-business outfits to rock bands, nonprofits to entrepreneurial growth businesses. He inspires people with confidence to try new ways to get found at the exact moment buyers are looking. Social media are the tools but it’s the RealTime mindset that drives strategy in a world where speed and agility win – not the biggest budget. Learn how to win hearts and minds of the people crucial to your success and profitability.
Real-Time Strategies to Grow Sales
The way most companies sell is not aligned with the way people buy. That’s a problem. Buyers are bypassing the traditional selling model altogether. They’re learning for themselves about your products/services, your competitors, and what customers say about you (whether true or not!). At the same time, the boundary between the sales and marketing efforts has gotten blurry. These changes have driven a revolution in how sales and service are done. David Meerman Scott shows how the best salespeople (and sales organizations) have become information curators – communicating by delivering the precise information buyers need at just the right time and in just the right way. Real-Time social selling gains more customers with fewer resources and David offers concrete examples of small and large companies achieving sales success right now.
Beyond The Keynote
David Meerman Scott is available to deliver sales and marketing workshops or coaching sessions. In them, he provides a step-by-step framework for implementing Real-Time sales or marketing/PR strategies. These sessions drill down to explore tactical, actionable plans to reach buyers directly and in Real-Time and create a fandom-based approach to nurturing your most important relationships. Please inquire for specific details.
- “Unexpectedly AWESOME is the best way I can describe listening to David Meerman Scott's presentation at PSMJ Thrive. Before David I had just about given up on using today's technology always claiming that it was Gen Z teenager's stuff. The impact David made on me and on the entire room of boomers is EXTRAORDINARY compared to the dozens of 'average' speakers that I've heard. I promise that your view of social media will change forever if you have the great fortune to hear David.” Frank A. Stasiowski FAIA, President, PSMJ | Resources, Inc.
- “David was a fantastic addition to the agenda of LinkedIn's event, ConnectIn Sydney. He was very easy to work with and took the time to understand our objectives suggesting ways that he could add maximum value. The session, "Content in Context", captivated our audience of sales and marketing professionals and left them wanting more.” Nell Norman-Nott Head of Marketing, LinkedIn Marketing Solutions ANZ
- “Energy, professionalism, numerous practical examples, sense of humor - these are the perfect characteristics of David’s sensational speech during Harvard Business Review Poland's Elite Sales Program conference. David provided top level managers with tools, methods and applicable knowledge on selling in the world of new technologies. The speech was highly energetic and very practical. David’s approach made the event one of the highest rated conferences organized by HBRP. I sincerely recommend David as a speaker – he makes the event absolutely memorable!” Conferences & Events Director, Harvard Business Review Poland
- “David has truly opened our eyes to the latest trends in Real-Time Marketing. His passion and enthusiasm about the subject is inspiring. The powerful results he shared that can be achieved by embracing the “New Rules” of Marketing and Sales collaboration have left a lasting impression on our team. I am excited about implementing the ideas in the pursuit of revolutionizing the way we connect with our customers.” VP Marketing & Technology – Geoservices, Schlumberger
- "David was the keynote speaker at our HPE Storage Marketing All-Hands team meeting and he KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK! For an established business that deals with B2B relationships, he challenged the team’s thinking of how our customers interact with us in a world of social media and ubiquitous information availability. I can't wait to see how our team rises to the challenge of the Real-Time Marketing mindset." Director of Product Management and Marketing, HPE (Hewlett Packard Enterprise)
- “Your keynote address was inspiring and beneficial. The way you brought marketing and the new age buyers' perspective to life was motivating and engaging to all members of the audience from start to end.” Executive Director, Northwest Territories Tourism
- “The feedback is very positive and more than that you made all of us to think in a different way and to make us aware that we have to communicate more transparently and proactively. No fear.” VP, Omnicom Spain and CEO, Ketchum Spain
- “It was an absolute pleasure to have you as a critical part of this very successful conference. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard the phrase “knocked it out of the park” in reference to your keynote session. And from a group of 1000+ sleepy financial planners at 8:00am on a Sunday morning. Impressive!” Director of Professional Development, Financial Planners Association
- “Thank you again for being part of #2015EME and your keynote. We already received a lot of great feedback regarding your keynote from our attendees and our own staff.” Head of Marketing, APSIS
- “David, Thank YOU! It was a smashing success. Your energy and message were perfect for our morning session. I am not surprised at all that you were mobbed with questions afterwards.” Chief Development Officer, Woodmark Summit