US East: $10,000 – $20,000*
US West: $10,000 – $20,000*
Europe: $20,000 – $30,000*
Asia: $20,000 – $30,000*
Other: Please Inquire
* Ranges are presented as a guideline only. Speaker fees vary by engagement type and are subject to change without notice. For an exact quote, please contact Gravity Speakers.
Traveling FromWyoming, USA
Imagine going on a ride with so many twists and turns that you’re left in awe and feeling both humbled and uplifted about the way you can live your life, perform at work or run your business.
Janine’s keynote speeches will help you:
- Inspire and motivate change and live to your highest potential.
- Lean into the ‘hills’ (Her signature mindset) and transform your greatest fears into courageous action.
- Identify limiting beliefs and rewrite the story of your life as a positive narrative.
Janine will take you on a journey from the pinnacle of elite athletics competition (the Australian Olympic team) to the pain and fear of being wheelchair-bound and facing the shattering reality of near-fatal and permanent injury.
You’ll experience how she rehabilitated her broken body as a paraplegic into becoming a licensed commercial pilot and aerobatics flying instructor from the struggle of taking one difficult step at a time on a long road to recovery which continues to this day.
Her story is so remarkable that a full-length feature movie has been made about it and she is featured in the new docudrama movie “Think and Grow Rich: The Legacy” (released in 2017). Her recent Goalcast video went viral and has been viewed nearly 20 million times.
A gifted presenter and storyteller, Janine takes her audience on a rollercoaster of emotion, infused with humor, and provocative and stimulating storytelling. She invites every member of the audience to dream and reach beyond their preconceived ideas of what is possible and to think deeply about how they live their own lives.
Using science-based tools as well as her own learned experience of adversity, challenge, and reinvention, attendees will come away with a newfound belief that anything is possible in their own lives.
Janine’s captivating and inspiring TEDx talk, “A Broken Body Isn’t a Broken Person” has been viewed by millions of people around the world and is a favorite on TED.com.
- Life story featured on multiple tv shows, “60 minutes”, “This Is Your Life”, “Australian Story” and CNN’s “Turning Points” with Sanjay Gupta.
- Recipient of her country’s highest honor, The Order of Australia, for her work in raising awareness for spinal cord injury.
- Recipient of the ‘The Outstanding Young Person’s of The World’ Award
- Named as an Architect of Change by Maria Shriver.
- Serves as an ambassador for Spinal Cure Australia and RED BULL’s, Wings for Life.
- Author of 6 best-selling books.
- Hold a BA in Sports Science, and postgraduate qualifications in Education, Counseling and Positive psychology coaching.
“Janine is a change agent. She has an extraordinary ability to ignite people’s spirits and move them to find the real potential of their lives.” – Deepak Chopra
The Power of the Defiant Human Spirit: How to Thrive in the Face of Adversity
In Janine’s signature keynote presentation, she shares her lived belief that ‘The Defiant Human Spirit’ is not something we have, it is something we are. It is the essence of our true selves and, when fully employed, is what makes us unstoppable.
Janine is a gifted storyteller who uses her wit, humor, and impeccable timing to engage her audiences. As she shares her journey in the realm of defiance, she will touch every heart in the room and invite listeners to dream and reach beyond their preconceived ideas of what is possible.
This presentation will not only leave audiences inspired, humbled, and motivated, but will also cause them to think at the deepest level about how they live their own lives.
Listeners leave with the conviction to change their attitudes and find the power within to enable them to perform to the best of their abilities.
- Be inspired and motivated to change your attitude to live to your highest potential.
- Learn how to lean into the ‘hills’ (Janine’s signature mindset) and transform your greatest fears into courageous action.
- Identify limiting beliefs and rewrite the story of your life as a positive narrative.
The Resilient Woman: At Work and At Home
There is no question that most women are innately resilient, and Janine’s life is testament to that quality in her.
From the earliest age as an elite athlete, Janine harnessed her resilience to achieve national recognition in multiple sports, as well as forging a career in aviation, where women were then few and far between. It is these skills that equipped her to overcome a near-fatal accident, and to thrive as a woman with a disability, turning seemingly insurmountable obstacles into opportunities.
As founder of ‘The School for Resilience’ Janine has identified the 12 pillars of resilience that enabled her to create an extraordinary life. Janine has a unique perspective on what it takes to make a mark on the world, both as a woman and a person with a disability.
She believes that if we are to fully embrace and develop our potential as women, we must start by recognizing and calling on our Defiant Human Spirit, and this keynote delves into the ways in which listeners can readily do so.
- Learn how each of the 12 pillars of resilience can serve to build for us an unshakeable core.
- Gain an understanding of how we can learn the skill of resilience, and how to pass this on to our children.
- Recognize our self-worth as women, and especially how this has nothing to do with our bodies. “I am not my body”
- Identify limiting beliefs that we have carried since childhood and how we can create an entirely new narrative and using it to “bounce forward.”
A Patient's Journey: The Care, and Caregivers, That Changed My Life
As a former spinal patient and today still a “walking” paraplegic, Janine has a unique understanding and perspective on injury and trauma-and the roles of the caregivers for those in need. In this talk, most often to health care professionals, Janine shares her personal experience of both being a patient and living with a disability and the importance of the caregivers in her journey.
Janine has witnessed first-hand the teamwork that has gone into her recovery, from the surgeons who operated on her, to the nursing staff and imaging professionals who cared to her, and the family that supported her. She shares her health and fitness philosophy and the tools she uses to maintain wellness.
Janine’s presentation instills in all those working in the healthcare industry how critical are their roles in caring for patients: they can, and often do, literally change a life.
- Embracing the art of compassion, for self and others, and how compassion connects us all.
- Understanding the importance of teamwork.
- How real healing happens in an environment of genuine and unflinching care.
- Seeing how shifting from victimhood to responsibility allows a patient to move forward and embrace possibilities in life, putting him or her on the road to meaningful recovery.
Don't Bounce Back, Bounce Forward: How to Reinvent and Repurpose in the Face of Challenge
Any disaster in life can create challenge in the most profound way. Responding appropriately requires resources and courage that you may not even know you have until you tap into your innate resilience.
It is at times such as these that there is a choice to be made: Do you sit back trying desperately to make life work using old patterns of thought and beliefs that no longer apply, or do you choose to explore and learn new and more effective ways to approach life?
Janine relies on her personal experience, as well as her extensive study in neuroscience, neuroplasticity, and positive psychology, to demonstrate that when tragedies or difficulties cross your path, not only can you bounce back, you can actually reappraise, learn and grow.
The audience leaves with actionable steps toward putting this powerful knowledge into practice-to building an unshakeable core.
This program is ideal for corporate audiences, especially companies in industries challenged by competition or unwelcome changes in the marketplace.
- Discover the neuroscience of resilience and how to apply these principles in your personal and professional lives.
- Learn about self-directed neuroplasticity and how to use this to create desired change in your life.
- Uncover your default mindset- fixed or growth? – and learn simple techniques to help you cultivate a growth mindset.
- Learn the “Twelve Pillars of Resilience” and how to employ them in managing any challenge in life.
Why Walk When You Can Fly? Attitude Plus Power Equals Performance (Corporate Keynote)
People often ask Janine why she chose flying, to which she replies, “I didn’t choose flying, flying choose me!”
During recovery, when sitting outside in her wheelchair, an airplane flew overhead and the seed was planted. “If I can’t walk, then maybe I’ll fly! Janine exclaimed, unaware at the time of the consequences of this momentous decision.
Flying represents the ultimate freedom, and it was flying, she says, that gave her her life back. Learning to fly revealed to Janine that her real strength had nothing to do with her body or her athleticism and becoming a commercial pilot and aerobatic flying instructor proved her point.
In flying there is a formula based on physics: Attitude plus Power equals Performance. This aviation equation, which she argues applies to life as well, is just one of the tools Janine uses in teaching her audience how to navigate challenges in their own lives.
Janine demonstrates how the metaphor of flight allows us to achieve equilibrium in life, both personally and professionally.
- Attitude plus Power equals Performance: Identifying and managing our attitudes when added to our efforts assures us of reaching our goals.
- Why do some people in challenge stay stuck, while others learn to soar?
- Pilots often file flight plans but are vigilant once underway for any changes in weather, performance, or other variables that might require a course correction. How do we apply this to our journeys of recovery?
- The perspective from the air: seeing things in our lives from a reframed vantage, and how that can help us get unstuck.
- The value of the “go-around,” a maneuver taught to pilots helping to gauge how viable an option is.
“As a professional keynote speaker, I share with my audiences in an interactive way, the tools, and techniques needed to make a meaningful difference in their lives moving forward, both personally and professionally. My messages instill in my listeners a newfound commitment to redouble their efforts and tap into their true potential, calling upon their innate resilience, so they can overcome adversity and flourish in their lives.” – Janine Shepherd
- "Janine is a change agent. She has an extraordinary ability to ignite people's spirits and move them to find the real potential of their lives; her story inspires people around the world" Deepak Chopra
- “Janine is a dynamo!...honesty, integrity and communication skills far above the ordinary. Her audiences are left inspired and empowered.” D.A.C., Dr. Adrian Cohen Immediate Assistants
- “Janine grabbed the attention of our audience from the moment she stepped on stage. Her remarkable story not only made us think, but it also made us laugh and cry. Mostly, she inspired us to take action everyday to rise above the challenges we face in pursuit of our dreams and aspirations. Janine Shepherd serves as a living example of how one can harness the power that resides within.” F.C., President and CEO ROFDA
- “Janine had the whole room enthralled – her story is undeniably epic, and her delivery is animated and engaging. She clearly had a message to give which was relevant to all of us in both our personal and working lives: Go ahead and do what you want to do – never let anyone tell you never, never let the odds dissuade you from trying, and learn to love the challenge. There were tears and laughter, and we loved every minute. I will definitely be reading her books!” PriceWaterHouseCoopers
- Janine’s story is one that needs to be shared with any of us who may be harboring thoughts of self-pity, defeat and desperation. It should be shared with any of us who need reminding that there is really no such thing as a ‘bad day’. And it should be shared with ALL as a reminder on the importance of laughter in our day-to-day lives irrespective of our own difficulties. But importantly, it is a story that needs to be shared with all who are intimidated by, or who are unwilling to confront the many life challenges of today. On behalf of the entire SARA LEE sales team, we remain willingly humbled and positively energized by your unforgettable story. Sara Lee