Available forKeynote, Fireside Chat, Virtual Presentations
Domestic In-Person (USA): Please inquire
International In-Person: Please inquire
Virtual: Please inquire
* Ranges are presented as a guideline only. Speaker fees vary by engagement type and are subject to change without notice. For an exact quote, please contact Gravity Speakers.
Traveling FromSanta Cruz, California, USA
Marc Randolph is a veteran Silicon Valley entrepreneur, advisor, and investor. As co-founder and first CEO of Netflix, he laid much of the groundwork for a service that’s grown to over 200 million subscribers, and fundamentally altered how the world experiences media. He also served on the Netflix board of directors until retiring from the company in 2003. Marc’s career as an entrepreneur spans four decades. He’s founded or co-founded six other successful startups, mentored hundreds of early-stage entrepreneurs, and as an investor has helped seed dozens of successful tech ventures (and just as many unsuccessful ones).
Most recently, Marc co-founded analytics software company Looker Data Sciences, which was acquired by Google in 2019 for $2.6 billion. He currently sits on the boards of Solo Brands, Augment Technologies, Dishcraft Technologies and the Truckee Donner Land Trust.
Marc is also the author of the internationally best-selling memoir, That Will Never Work: The Birth of Netflix and The Amazing Life of an Idea which tells the untold story of Netflix. He is host of the top-10 Apple podcast That Will Never Work, where he works directly with entrepreneurs to provide 1-on-1 mentoring. Marc is also a judge and investor on Entrepreneur Magazine’s Elevator Pitch web series.
Some of Marc’s engagements include Fortune 1000 and strategic clients such as PwC, Aflac, CIOsynergy, Gartner, Pfizer, and Scansource.
Marc is the founder/co-founder of Looker Data Science (2012), Netflix (1996), IntegrityQA (1995), MicroWarehouse (1988), MacWarehouse (1987), MacUser Magazine (1986), Guitar Magazine (1984) and Mailbox Music (1983).
Currently, he is a mentor and/or board member at Augment Technologies (www.augmentcxm.com) – 2014 to present, Dishcraft Robotics (www.dishcraft.com) – 2016 to present, Trusty (www.trustyco.com) – 2018 to present, Solo Brands (www.solobrands.com / NYSE: DTC) – 2021 to present, StageTen (www.stageten.tv) – 2021 to present, Truckee Donner Land Trust (www.truckeedonnerlandtrust.org) – 2021 to present and Cadence (www.keepyourcadence.com) – 2021 to Present.
Previously, Marc was a mentor and board member at Chubbies Shorts (www.chubbies.com) – 2014-2021, National Outdoor Leadership School (www.NOLS.edu) – 2011-2021, One Percent for the Planet (www.onepercentfortheplanet.org) – 2015-2021, Getable (www.getable.com) – 2010-2016, OpenEd (www.opened.io) – 2014-2016, Rafter (www.rafter.com – 2011-2014 and SpeakerText (www.speakertext.com) – 2010-2012.
That Will Never Work: The Birth Of Netflix And The Amazing Life Of An Idea
Netflix Founder and startup CEO Marc Randolph shares the unlikely story of how a handful of dreamers with no money and a bad idea, created the company that eventually brought down Blockbuster. Packed with dozens of stories that trace the dramatic ups and downs of those first exciting years, Marc weaves an inspiring story that shows the value of innovation, persistence and optimism. Along the way he shares some of the many values that he believes made Netflix successful, including a focus on analytics and testing, its novel corporate culture, and its almost fanatical obsession with focus. Equal parts inspiration, start up story, and practical tips, it’s a message that resonates well with anyone who appreciates a good “overcoming adversity” story.
- “Marc Randolph’s message was amazing! We have received so many positive comments about the entire event, especially his comments. Even hosting it virtually, he may be the best speaker we’ve ever had!” Nichole Kaiser Lincoln COC
- “While Marc Randolph is certainly a successful entrepreneur and co-founder of Netflix, his most significant role may be that of mentor. I’ve seen it first hand on the campus of High Point University where Marc serves as Entrepreneur in Residence.” Dr. Nido R. Qubein High Point University President
- “Marc is a great storyteller with lessons that can be applied to all business; from startups to legacy brands. He is logical, down-to-earth and entertaining. His personal stories demonstrate a unique perspective on transforming mindsets on behalf of companies and brands in an ever-evolving digital age.” Keith Farley Director of Customer Experience, Aflac
- “Marc Randolph leverages his decades of experience in Silicon Valley to encourage everyone, anyone and nobody to follow their dreams. Adopting his strategies to reduce time to insight, embrace risk, and simply take action, the reader will start to think like a start-up, develop as a leader and innovate.” Rebecca Nerad Head of Global Marketing and Alliances, Bristle
- “Marc Randolph spoke at many CIOsynergy conferences through North America and he was an outstanding speaker. His thought provoking keynotes have underlined Marc as one of our most demanded keynotes.” Nepal Patel CEO and Founder of CIOSynergy
- “Marc Randolph spoke at our PSC annual conference and he was without doubt our best conference speaker ever. In a strangely ironic way, Marc’s view that ‘nobody really knows anything’ provides hope and inspiration that you don’t need superhuman powers or some incredible insight to succeed. “ Paul Dwyer Managing Director, PSC Insurance
- “There isn’t anyone Marc can’t inspire. Entrepreneurs or not, his inspirational story really humanizes taking risks and going after what you want, even if it isn’t easy. He’s funny, relatable, and leaves the audience with actionable steps to be successful.” Jess Ekstrom CEO, Headbands of Hope
- “Marc was awesome for our virtual event. We had over 150,000 people sign up for his session!" TABLEAU
- “Marc was outstanding. His content and delivery were inspiring. Having him as a speaker added value not only to our conference; the way he challenged us to think differently will continue to influence the audience’s mindset.” BRISTLECONE
- “Marc Randolph's presentation is the best we've had. We've brought in some of the biggest names you can imagine and they don't hold a candle to him. He's a must see for any audience.” INTELISYS
- “Having Marc Randolph as a speaker at eMerge Americas 2016 elevated the overall level of our content and provided our thousands of attendees with a unique view into the mind of an entrepreneur that has changed the face of entertainment.” eMerge Americas