US East: $5,000 – $10,000*
US West: $5,000 – $10,000*
Europe: Please Inquire
Asia: Please Inquire
Other: Please Inquire
* Ranges are presented as a guideline only. Speaker fees vary by engagement type and are subject to change without notice. For an exact quote, please contact Gravity Speakers.
Traveling FromCalifornia, USA
Pierre Khawand has more than twenty years of experience in the software industry. He has led several technology ventures, completed successful mergers and acquisitions, and founded People-OnTheGo in 2001. His Accomplishing More Leadership Program helps today’s leaders develop the awareness and behaviors needed to focus on results and develop people in the midst of the information overload. His bestselling Accomplishing More With Less workshop is enabling today’s business professionals to make breakthroughs in their work and personal lives.
Pierre holds a Master’s degree in Engineering from the University of Michigan, and has completed several Executive Education programs at the Stanford Graduate School of Business (Stanford California). He is the author of several books including The Accomplishing More With Less Workbook, Time for Leadership, and more recently The Perfect 15-Minute Day: Managing your Time, Thoughts, and Emotions.
When not tackling productivity issues, Pierre enjoys hikes with his wife and friends in the San Francisco area, as well as Tai Chi and Argentine Tango.
Mindfulness @ Work meets Emotional Intelligence @ Work
Mindfulness and Emotional Intelligence are popular topics in the media and elsewhere. It is likely you’ve heard about them and may have studied or got involved in related initiatives. For most business professionals, the challenge of how to incorporate these in daily work and reap the promised benefits remains enormous. This experiential workshop is intended to accomplish exactly this. It demystifies these concepts and provides practical frameworks to bring mindfulness and emotional intelligence to your everyday work life, creating immediate tangible benefits and cumulative breakthrough outcomes.
In this highly experiential workshop (or retreat), you engage in a variety of exercises that bring each point home. Individual and group exercises are carefully designed to build increased awareness of the world inside and outside. Tools and techniques are introduced to guide you through establishing new mindsets and behaviors, and forming new habits. You will also leave the workshop with a booklet and an eCourse to support you and help you continue the learning and instill the new behaviors well beyond the workshop.
- Developing a better understanding of mindfulness and acquiring the framework you need to deploy mindfulness at work, feel less stressed and more fulfilled than ever before!
- Becoming more aware of your thoughts, emotions, and physical sensations, and how they are impacting you and your relationships, and managing them skillfully to create improved outcomes individually and collaboratively.
- An in-depth knowledge of The Perfect 15-Minute Day Method and how to use the method to develop your ability to manage your attention and thrive in the most demanding work environments (tools include a journal and an eCourse provided to you as part of the workshop).
Book: The Perfect 15-Minute Day: Managing Your Time, Thoughts, and Emotions, by Pierre Khawand
Time for leadership—Breakthrough Insights and Practices for Today’s Leaders!
Leaders today are challenged with finding time to lead! With 3.27 hours on average spent on e-mail every day, endless hours occupied by back-to-back meetings, tremendous energy consumed by constantly changing priorities, and, in addition, the time spent wrestling with increasingly complex technologies, how much time is really left for leading? This translates into an inability to coach and develop employees, difficulty staying strategic, and a struggle to keep innovation and creativity in the forefront. Not having time to lead is not a side effect; it is a core threat to leadership.
In this inspiring and innovative session, based on his revolutionary Accomplishing More Leadership Program, Pierre Khawand, Founder & CEO of People-OnTheGo, demonstrates how focus on results, strategic thinking, emotional acumen, and increased awareness of self and others can be put to work to help you find the time to create a turnaround in your ability to lead and your organization’s success.
- New insights into time, the perception of time, and the multi-dimensional aspects of working effectively to speed up progress and win the war against time.
- Practical techniques that can lead to behavioral changes that turn into practices, enabling you to rewire your brain and augment your leadership potential.
- Redefinition of playtime and insights into adopting innovative ways to get rejuvenated, leading to new levels of creativity and the path to happiness and fulfillment.
Book: Time for Leadership: The Accomplishing More In Less Time, Less Effort, and Less Stress Leadership Journey, by Pierre Khawand
Accomplishing More in Less Time, Less Effort, and Less Stress — Breakthrough Productivity Principles for the Digital Age!
In today’s digital age, information is coming our way from many fronts and in abundance. Keeping track of and leveraging it becomes very challenging. Researchers tell us that 15 to 30 percent of our time is spent searching for information and that more than half of these searches are not fruitful. They estimate the total cost for the U.S. economy is 98 billion dollars per year, and the opportunity cost is twice as high. As individuals, the cost is even higher because it involves our ability to meet our business and personal goals and our satisfaction at work and in our personal lives. In this session, productivity expert Pierre Khawand, founder of People-OnTheGo, will walk us through some key principles that can help us, our teams, and our organizations overcome the challenges of information overload and work efficiently together to achieve the desired results. When it comes to the information overload, there is light at the end of the tunnel! So join us to get not only a glimpse of this light but also to learn some thought-provoking principles and techniques that will get you there.
- Better manage interruptions and stay focused on the task at hand until meaningful results are achieved while being responsive to the demands of your team. Collaborate more effectively than ever before.
- Work more strategically instead of working harder, methodically manage competing priorities, and learn new and innovative tools that can help you better align your daily activities with your goals.
- Manage stress like never before through purposeful action rather than passive reaction, and turn stressful situations into opportunities.
Book: The Accomplishing More With Less Workbook: How to accomplish more in less time, less effort, and less stress!—Second Edition, by Pierre Khawand
Burnout and Wellness — Avoid One and Achieve the Other
We are challenged today with an unprecedented workload and competing priorities coming at us from all fronts, which is leading to exhaustion and diminished work satisfaction and, eventually, burnout. In addition, this overload is causing us to throw our wellness effort into the backseat, which in turn makes us even more susceptible to burnout. How do we stop this vicious cycle? Join us in this presentation to learn about developing mental, strategic, and emotional resilience and therefore avoid burnout, while incorporating agile wellness habits to get energized and rejuvenated. This engaging presentation covers a broad range of topics ranging from managing the information overload to engaging in wellness practices.
- Recognize the symptoms of burnout and act early, well before they set in and lead to more serious effects, such as depression.
- Develop effective strategies for avoiding burnout and reversing its symptoms, whether caused by the information overload and/or ineffective work and personal habits.
- Learn how to achieve wellness and combat burnout through effective stress management practices, nutrition, and physical exercise.
Design Thinking in Action: Boost Creativity, Innovation, and Collaboration!
If you haven’t stumbled upon design thinking yet, or if you have been hearing about it and are curious as to whether it applies to you and your team, this workshop is the answer. This session includes an overview of the design thinking process while tackling one of the ubiquitous problems in today’s workplace (see problem definition below).
You will get to learn the key concepts and techniques as well as work collaboratively with others to design a product. This session will leave you not only equipped with the key design thinking concepts but with techniques that you can apply right away and therefore achieve an increased ability to think creatively and work collaboratively to solve significant problems and leverage unique opportunities of all kinds.
Problem Definition: Direct reports, bosses, colleagues all need each other to perform their tasks and therefore they interrupt each other often to address work issues or sometimes to socialize. While collaboration and socializing are necessary at times, many of these interruptions can be postponed until the individual being interrupted is finished with their current task. We would like to design a mechanism that would allow an individual to easily indicate whether they are now focused and prefer not to be interrupted, or collaborative and available to answer questions or discuss issues as needed, or getting energized and refreshed but may be open to socializing. We would like to provide a variety of mechanisms for workgroups to choose from depending on their work environment, ranging from technology-based solutions to analog solutions that require little or no funding.
- Understand the key aspects of design thinking including working with your stakeholders to co-create innovative solutions together
- Get insights into the challenges related to workplace interruptions and solutions to address them
- Learn valuable tips and techniques for collaborating and problem-solving in the workplace and beyond