Available forKeynote, Virtual Presentation, Fireside Chat, Panel, Emcee, Webinar, Workshop & Training
US East: $10,000 – $20,000*
US West: $10,000 – $20,000*
Europe: Please inquire
Asia: Please inquire
Other: Please inquire
* Ranges are presented as a guideline only. Speaker fees vary by engagement type and are subject to change without notice. For an exact quote, please contact Gravity Speakers.
Traveling FromPennsylvania, USA
Tonya M. Evans is a global leader, accomplished academic and administrator, and world-renowned speaker with over twenty years of experience in law, innovation, academia, and entrepreneurship. She writes, speaks, and teaches primarily in the areas of intellectual property, blockchain and crypto assets, tech and innovation, information privacy, financial inclusion, and economic empowerment.
Prof. Evans currently serves as tenured Full Professor at Penn State Dickinson Law School. Prior to joining the Dickinson Law faculty, Professor Evans served as Associate Dean of Academic Affairs and Professor of Law at the UNH Franklin Pierce School of Law, created and directed the law school’s Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, and Law Online Professional Certificate Program.
Prof. Evans was named to the Fastcase 50 of 2021, an annual award that recognizes 50 of the smartest, most courageous, innovators, techies, visionaries, and leaders in the law, and in Forbes 50 Over 50: Investment List which highlights the female investors and financial leaders who are leading high-growth businesses in the male-dominated spaces of Wall Street, venture capital, and impact investing.
She also received the inaugural Blockchain Enterprise Award in 2018 in the category of Governance and Policy Leadership during the 2019 Blockchain Revolution Global Conference in Toronto.
She has presented on some of the world’s biggest and most prominent stages around the globe, including The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Blockchain Central during the United Nations General Assembly, IBM, SxSW and SxSW Edu, Microsoft Tech Summit, Lesbians Who Tech, HUE Tech Summit and North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA) Fintech and Cybersecurity Symposium.
She has also contributed to the development of policy and law before state and federal governments, including testifying before the Pennsylvania House Democratic Policy Committee and presenting to the United States Senate Innovation Caucus.
Prof. Evans is a regular contributor to TV and print media, including Bloomberg Markets, Cheddar TV, CNBC, FoxSOUL, Sportico, Unchained Podcast with Laura Shin, The Decrypt Podcast, The LA Times, Protocol, and Sports Illustrated via SI.com.
Prof. Evans serves as Chairperson of the Maker DAO’s Maker Ecosystem Growth Foundation, member of the Bermuda Global FinTech Advisory Board, and Observing Member of the Global Blockchain Business Council. She is also founder of the Advantage Evans™ Academy creator of the From Cash to Crypto™ and NFT Law Guide for Creatives and Collectors courses and hosts a weekly show via the Tech Intersect™ Podcast (law, business, technology). She is a graduate of Northwestern University, where she attended on a full tennis scholarship. Thereafter she competed on the professional tennis tour and competed, most notably at the US Open. She graduated cum laude from Howard University School of Law, where she also served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Howard Law Journal. She is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated and hails from Philadelphia, PA.
From Cash to Crypto: Financial Inclusion in the New Digital Cash Frontier
NFTs and Creative Empowerment
Crypto Assets and the Law: The legal implications of cryptocurrencies and blockchain
Decode the Future of Work and Wealth
The Digital Property (R)Evolution: Leveraging IP assets in a web 3.0 world
Other signature presentations include:
- Empowering Artists of Color: The Intersection of Music Rights, Race, and Technology
- Small Business as the Engine of the Cryptoeconomy
- Loved speaking to Professor Evans about democratizing finance DeFi & opportunities to build generational wealth. Scott Galloway Prof. G Podcast Host
- I joined From Cash to Crypto to accelerate my own understanding and comfort with crypto. Now I can: 1. teach my daughters about how money is evolving; and, 2. point leaders I work with to great resources in this arena. Tonya Evans delivers all this and more in a digestible, inclusive, practical manner while also building a sense of community. She helps each participant start where they are and helps them to take their next steps forward to be empowered. You are in good hands with Tonya. Lee Ann Del Carpio, President, Inner Power International
- Tonya was speaker on our regulatory panel at our Association's Inaugural Blockchain in Healthcare Summit. She was an active participant and contributed insightful and meaningful value to conversations on regulatory frameworks that will aid in Blockchain's widespread adoption. We look forward to having her in Future events and Summits. Chrissa MacFarlane Founder & CEO, Patientory, Inc.
- I had the pleasure of engaging with Tonya a few months ago because she was one of the Blockchain expert speakers at the 2019 HUE Tech Summit. Her knowledge of blockchain technology is outstanding and she truly inspired the attendees with her talk. She is a professional and down-to-earth leader to watch. Jumoke K. Dada Founder & CEO, HUE Tech Summit
- Professor Evans was a great panelist at Voice of Blockchain and an even better dinner guest at a private function afterward. Her unique ability to teach in any setting made a difficult subject dissolve into an easy conversation. I recommend her as a public speaker who will put effort into her participation in an event. Joe “Disruption Joe” Hernandez Founder Voice of Blockchain