Available forKeynotes, Virtual Presentations, Webinars, Workshops and Trainings
Domestic In-Person (USA): $30,000 – $40,000*
International In-Person: $30,000 – $40,000*
Virtual: Please inquire
* Ranges are presented as a guideline only. Speaker fees vary by engagement type and are subject to change without notice. For an exact quote, please contact Gravity Speakers.
Traveling FromLakewood, Ohio, USA
Alex Sheen is the founder of because I said I would, a social movement and nonprofit dedicated to bettering humanity through promises made and kept. Sparked by the loss of his father, Alex and his organization send “promise cards” to anyone anywhere in the world at no cost. Alex is someone who truly honors commitment. He once walked over 240 miles across the entire state of Ohio in 10 days to fulfill a promise. In just two years, because I said I would has sent over 12.3 million promise cards to over 153 different countries. The promises written on these cards have made headlines around the world.
Alex gives speeches that motivate and inspire audiences to honor commitments that make a positive impact on the world. His speeches focus on character and leadership development by telling emotional and moving promise stories from his life and the lives of our supporters. Alex is a five-time Tedx Talk speaker and his charitable work has been featured on ABC World News with Diane Sawyer, CNN, The Today Show, NPR, The Los Angeles Times and many other programs.
Because I Said I Would
Alex Sheen believes that every individual has the strength to become a person of their word. In this session, Alex shares his insights and actionable ways to become better at fulfilling commitments. He inspires others to become more accountable to their promises through compelling and real-life examples from the “because I said I would” movement.
Integrity and Accountability
We live in a society that often does not respect the importance of a promise. It is too easy to say “I’ll get to it” or “tomorrow.” In many ways we have become numb to disappointment and broken commitments. This expectation starts to fade into our character as individuals. Alex Sheen believes that every individual has the strength to become a person of their word. As the Founder of an international social movement, Alex shares his insights and actionable ways to become better at fulfilling commitments. He inspires others to become more accountable to their promises through compelling and real-life examples from the because I said I would movement. Alex convincingly illustrates how integrity and keeping your promises are forever interwoven. He discusses how holding ourselves and each other accountable truly changes humanity for the better.
Life of a Promise Workshop
Do you have content needs beyond a keynote speech? Alex can also lead leadership workshops at your event. In his “Life of a Promise” workshop, Alex dives deeper into themes explored during his keynote.
It’s not about making a better employee. It’s not about making a better manager. It’s about making a better human.
As one of the foremost experts on promises, Alex combines evidence-based and peer-reviewed research with riveting stories and collaborative activities. This leadership workshop is an interactive and thought-provoking experience designed to give individuals the tools to be accountable in their personal lives, by learning how promises are made, kept, or broken, and, most importantly, why.
Alex has created a program that builds individuals who lead by example. Our work isn’t about profit margins, products, and quotas. This is a different type of experience. This leadership workshop is an interactive and thought-provoking exercise designed to give individuals the tools to be accountable in their personal lives.
- “Very energizing session! I cannot commend the performance he has just given and the work he is doing on the philanthropic agenda enough. Absolutely fantastic. Really great response from the participants . .” Andy Stafford Accenture
- “What is so unique about Alex's social movement is that it speaks to everyone. We highly recommend using him as a speaker at other engagements.” Tony Diblasi Ohio Capital Corporation for Housing
- “Alex is dynamic, person- able and engaging. Keeping the attention of college-aged employees on a Friday afternoon can be a challenge, but Alex had them on the edge of their seats. One employee said that "I was crying, I was laughing, I was inspired!” Elizabeth Lee Cleveland State University
- “From top to bottom, our staff have because I said I would cards taped, tacked and displayed in cubicles and offices to showcase how we have made and kept commitments. We have Alex to thank for that.” Scott O'Neill CEO - Philadelphia 76ers, New Jersey Devils & Prudential Center