Available forKeynote, Virtual Presentation, Fireside Chat, Workshop and Training
US East: $10,000 – $20,000*
US West: $10,000 – $20,000*
Europe: $10,000 – $20,000*
Asia: $10,000 – $20,000*
Other: Please inquire
* Ranges are presented as a guideline only. Speaker fees vary by engagement type and are subject to change without notice. For an exact quote, please contact Gravity Speakers.
Traveling FromCape Town, South Africa
Chris Bertish is a man of many passions. He has set world records, Stand up paddled solo across the Atlantic, surfed monster waves, presented keynote talks to hundreds of thousands across the globe, written best-selling books and directed motion picture documentaries. Somehow, he has still managed to grow multiple entrepreneurial businesses in South Africa and across the world, and to fight for our youth, our planet and our future. A man of many passions, indeed. And one who doesn’t believe in iMPOSSIBLE!
In 2010, Chris made headlines when he won the Mavericks Big Wave Invitational, a surfing competition without rival. Born a skinny kid in Kenilworth, Cape Town, Chris found a way to travel
across the world and outwit, outsmart and outperform the world’s best-paid professional athletes – and forever change the face of big-wave surfing.
6 years later, after half a decade of intense training, Chris set out from Morocco, alone, on a stand-up paddleboard, with his sights set on the shores of Antigua in the Caribbean. 93 days, 7500 kilometers and uncountable challenges, terrors, self-doubts and trials later, he crossed the Atlantic Ocean and entered, tanned and bearded, into the Guinness Book of World
Records. What is perhaps most inspiring about this tale is not the work of Chris himself, but the 1000 children of the Lunchbox Fund and Operation Smile that he did all of this for. 1000 kids who had been born with cleft palates, who now have had their futures returned to them. He continues to use his adventures to support charities in environmental, humanitarian, educational, sustainability and conservation realms, to bring about tangible positive change and inspire us all to be better human beings.
Both of these adventures have since been told through award winning films and best-selling books, and Red Bull Adventure has touted him as the one who “redefined the concept of extreme adventure.” He has become renowned for his dynamic and inspiring keynote addresses delivered to all corners of the globe, which move audiences to tears,
laughter, and change, with a powerful narrative and audio-visual overload that keeps people on the edge of their seats from start to finish.
In the last few years Chris has shared the stage with Bill Clinton and George W Bush, has spoken at multiple global TEDx events, the World Economic Forum and the World Wildlife Fund, and has shared his insights with companies like Google, NASA, Southern Wine & Glazer, Coca-Cola, Mercedes Benz, Cisco, and SAP.
With sustainability and his beloved oceans an everlasting part of his heart, Chris takes his roles as Ambassador for the World View Climate Change Parks, Operation Smile, 2Oceans Aquarium and Conservation International very seriously. Through his business he annually plants multiple forests around the world, to offset his own carbon footprint and to be an example to others of the change we wish to see in the world. Chris runs his business as a B Corp Certified business, using what he does as a force for good, while also being 1% for the Planet Certified.
More recently, Chris was recognized as one of the Top 5 Speakers in South Africa and selected as one of the Genius 100-Global Visionaries for the future by the Einstein Institute, both for excellence in his disciplines and universal global positive influence. Together with collaborators Deepak Chopra, Sir Ken Robinson, Ruth Bader Ginsberg and Shimon Peres, he is working to inspire the next generation of geniuses. He’s also been a part of a small team working on a new, innovative and forward thinking educational curriculum for the world, called “Ambassadors for the Planet”, which was recently endorsed by the U.N. and will be launched globally in 2021. The goal of this program is to create better humans by teaching kids design and conservation to create a solution driven youth with the planet in mind.
Chris has just finished his new feature film documentary called “Last known Co-ordinates”, launching in 2021 and is currently working on his second book, ‘All in!’, both of which tell the story of his trans-Atlantic journey.
He is also working on his new amazing Oceans 17 Project, a massive global undertaking set for 2023-2025, where Chris will be circumnavigating the planet, building schools, delivering the new curriculum and planting forests at 17 unique locations around the world, highlighting 17 of the worlds most endangered species, all of which is tied into the UN’s 17 global SDG’s. And, in true Chris form, he is doing all of this completely powered by nature!
Recent notable events:
- Selected as one of Top 5 Motivational/Inspirational Speakers in Africa
- Selected as one of the Genius 100 Visionaries, by the Einstein Institute, putting him alongside world changers like Deepak Chopra, Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Ridley Scott and J Craig Venter
- Selected as one of the Top 10 B Corp Certified organizations globally, as an example of small businesses that are using business to do good for the world.
- Chris and a small team have just finished a new global educational curriculum for Ambassadors for the Planet ( Endorsed by the UN) that will launch globally in 2021, with the aim of creating a more positive, solution-driven, mindful and sustainably thinking youth
- His second feature film, ‘Last Known Coordinates’ launches globally in 2021, and tells the story of his trans-Altantic Stand up paddle journey.
Featured in below media:
New York Times, USA Today, Huffington Post, Time Magazine, BBC, CNN, CNBC News, Fox News, Sky News.
Limitless! The SUP Crossing Story
There has never before been a solo expedition so wild, extreme, and hazardous that as Red Bull, Nat Geo, and the New York Times said, ”Redefined Adventure!” But not only did Chris’s incredible Stand-Up Paddleboarding (SUP) Crossing transcend the limits of what was thought to be humanly possible, it was completed for an incredible life-changing purpose that directly impacted and inspired millions around the world.
In Chris’s latest and most impressive talk yet, which is receiving standing ovations globally, The SUP Crossing – Go The Distance talk, Chris delivers a spellbinding and captivating narrative complemented by a powerful audiovisual presentation that will blow your audience away.
In March 2017 Chris completed his most daring challenge yet by becoming the first person to cross the entire Atlantic Ocean (over 7500km) on a Stand Up Paddleboard over 93 days and 93 grueling nights, solo & unsupported. In doing so, Chris dared to achieve what most perceive to be impossible.
This talk will inspire, educate and motivate audiences by sharing his incredibly captivating stories, lessons and learnings.
- The importance of meticulous planning and preparation
- Defining your why?
- Adopt a “can do” attitude
- Embracing change as a constant
- How to implement the tools & skills Chris teaches
- Chris’ “5 P’s”: Planning, Preparation, Passion, Perseverance, Purpose
- Risk and fear management
- Innovation / working with what you have
- Collaboration and the importance of teamwork
- Going the distance – resilience
Achieving the Impossible: The Mavericks Big Wave Story
Chris rides waves the size of four-story buildings for fun. He won the Maverick’s Big Wave International surfing event in the biggest waves ever recorded in the history of the sport. He holds the South African Open Ocean Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) 24-hour Distance World Record. Chris is living proof that if you truly believe in something, set your sights on your goal – no matter how big – if you work hard at it, stay focused and never give up, you can achieve anything.
The Maverick’s Big Wave Story tells the tale of how a regular working guy from South Africa manages to get halfway around the globe to win the prestigious Maverick’s competition (TITANS OF MAVERICKS), the world’s premiere, high adrenaline, big wave surfing event, overcoming seemingly impossible obstacles along the way, against all odds.
During this one-day, invitation-only surfing competition 24 TITANS attempt to compete at the highest level of skill, risk and athleticism to stand out and effortlessly challenge the massive swells on the biggest and best day of the winter season. It’s a story that is filled with insight about overcoming obstacles, the power of the mind, embracing change, determination, never giving up and tackling the “impossible”.
What you will learn:
- Attitude To Action
- Dealing With Fear & Change
- The Constant Learning Attitude
- Opportunity In The Obstacle
- The Power & Impact Of Visualization
- Dream It, See It, Believe It, Achieve It Mindset
- Understanding & Redefining Limiting Beliefs
- ‘Never-give-up’ Attitude
- Achieving The Impossible
- Gain insight into the preparation, emotion, and challenges of the SUP Crossing
Fireside Talks: Intimate Evening
A completely unique and very intimate & personal, informal evening around a fire/fire-pit, at a venue/location chosen by the client. Chris will open the session with some of his stories in a relaxed, intimate, yet casual setting, without audio visual.
Clients get the rare chance to talk and engage on a one-on-one basis with Chris and find out the secrets to the magic that makes him tick, what inspires, drives and motivates him to achieve the seemingly impossible time and again and to continue doing so. This personalised session is perfectly suited to smaller groups who want a really unique and special evening comprised of your Executive Committee, VIP Guests or recognised top achievers. It’s an opportunity to engage and hear various stories about some of the greatest Adventures of our time, from the man himself.
From massive waves, to great white sharks, giant squids, to World Records, Guinness World Records, crossing the Atlantic, surfing Shark Island and so much more… Ask Chris the questions that you don’t get the answer to in a formal talk! This will definitely be a night to remember and one every guest will never forget.
- Incredibly rare personal opportunity
- Learn the mechanics and skills that Chris utilizes
- Gain insight into the preparation, emotion, and challenges of the SUP Crossing
- Ask the questions you are really curious to know
- Look into the eyes of a man that truly lives his passion and believes that nothing is impossible
- An engaging and interactive session
- That unites a team long into the future
Intimate Dinners: Talk & Inspirational Q&A
Chris will join your team or event for a sit down dinner and open the evening with a 30 minute talk on the subject of your choice, such as his latest epic expedition; The SUP Crossing – Go The Distance.
The floor will then be opened to the audience for a personal Q&A session presenting the opportunity to deep dive into the intricacies and complex elements of the adventure, Chris’s psyche and experiences.
Enjoy a wonderfully inspirational evening with your team celebrating achievements or recognizing valued clients. This informal, entertaining and motivating session complemented with food and drink will prove to be the highlight of your calendar.
Chris is a bestselling author, Award Winning Film Maker, Environmental Warrior, Ocean Pioneer, Big Wave Surfer, World Record Breaker, Philanthropist, and Professional Speaker… 2 hours with Chris is the paradigm shift your company deserves!
- A rare opportunity to spend time in a relaxed setting with Chris
- Choose from a selection of Chris’ inspiring stories
- Find out how Chris continues to overcome adversity and challenge convention
- Take the time to get to know the man that has become a legend
- Ask about upcoming projects and initiatives
- Be part of an engaging discussion covering 2 decades of ocean adventure
- Understand the passion of Chris’ why and what pushes him to new frontiers
- Personalize your copy of Chris’ bestselling book, Stoked!
Workshop: Chris’s 15 Step Blueprint for Success
Chris has been in corporate business as Sales Director, Marketing Director, Brand Manager, CEO of multiple global organizations and companies as well as achieving world records across multiple different sports and disciplines.
He has written books, made films, and speaks professionally around the world to be able to help others achieve everything they set out to achieve, as he does in all areas of life.
This is a dynamic team session as Chris actively leads you through his blueprint for success on how to attain any goal in life, work, and business.
Workshop: Opportunity for Change
This is a workshop and talk based on being a champion of change, as it’s the constant in life.
Chris will share with you how to see the value in accepting change, in a proactive manner, to have control of a more positive outcome in order to ensure positive results. Additionally, learning to see the positive side of change and how it helps you in every way and only hinders you if you resist change it and move against it.
An invaluable workshop/talk for businesses, professionals, and individuals experiencing or preparing for dramatic change.
Unique Team Building SUP Sessions
Learn to SUP and receive some tips and techniques from the world’s most accomplished stand-up paddle boarder in a controlled and safe environment! Anyone from any background, shape, age, and size can learn within half an hour.
Chris’s team will help facilitate the booking and hiring of the SUP equipment (at the clients cost) and ensure sufficient boards and paddles according to your needs and then it’s all about fun, being outdoors, laughing with your team, racing, turning and experiencing first-hand the amazing sport of Stand-up Paddle boarding (SUP’ing)
Chris offers personal guidance, expert tuition, advice on open water paddling, water safety, body posture, correct style and technique to optimize stroke and maximize SUP’ing enjoyment. It’s safe, easy to learn and great exercise and most of all, loads of fun!
- Out-of-the-box thinking
- Fun in the sun, in a controlled environment
- Overcoming fears
- Embracing the unknown & stepping outside your comfort zone
- Dealing with change
- Empowering self
- Confidence & morale building
- Synergy team booster
Locations: V&A Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa or Half Moon Bay – San Francisco, USA
10 Tools for Isolation & Work From Home Success
Thrive Through Adversity: Change & Turbulent Times
- “Chris delivered his new Virtual talk, Thrive! -Through Change, Challenge and Turbulent Times! to our full Asia Pacific Team, which was perfectly timed for the challenges we are facing globally. His talk is on point, impactful, inspiring and will help all teams gain perspective on where they are and how to not only survive but thrive through this change and all other change and adversity to come. I recommend this talk for all companies working remotely, to help them and their teams to stay positive, thrive and keep things in perspective through this difficult and challenging period.” Robert Baigrie Senior Director, Corporate & Ecosystem, Conservation International-Singapore
- “After an inspiring address based on his beautiful and courageous true story, Chris deservedly received a massive standing ovation from our international audience in financial services. His story is simply Breathtaking!” Mike Lee CEO, ATMIA, Global
- “You were everything we could have asked for and more! The standing ovation was well deserved and the response was overwhelming… You are a special Human Being!” Steve Harden GM, Southern Wines, California USA
- "Chris has spoken at more than five of our biggest conferences around the USA, over 2016 and 2017, addressing a variety of different audiences, but one thing is always constant – he captivates them from the second he walks on stage. His energy, excitement, and passion for adventure are second-to-none. It’s impossible to leave one of his talks without being truly inspired.” Jonathan Toomey CMO, Eventful Conferences, USA
- "Many thanks to Chris for headlining our recent Sales Guru Live events in Durban, Cape Town and Johannesburg. Chris spoke to sell out events in all three cities and received standing ovations at these events and feedback from our clients has been nothing short of spectacular. Chris has an amazing story to tell and he does so with unlimited passion and drive, Chris is the consummate professional and it was a pleasure dealing with him throughout. We look forward to having Chris back at our events in 2018 to speak about his latest mind blowing accomplishments.” Brett Wood Marketing Director, Sales Guru Live
- “Everyone is just raving about your talk. Your story is truly outstanding and is told with humility, insight and humour, which is woven into a spellbinding narrative. As an inspiring and motivational talk, I cannot fault it!” Paul Boynton Alternative Investments Manager, Old Mutual Investment Group
- “Chris’s talk was simply incredible. His achievement is remarkable, but, importantly for us, there were lessons in his talk which each and every person in the audience could apply to their own lives. As a brand building evening it was out of the top draw. Chris was a pleasure to work with and his story is an extraordinary one. We hope that Chris becomes a household name throughout South Africa and beyond, he deserves every standing ovation and accolade that comes his way!” James Clucas Director, Clucas Gray June 2017
- “Your talk was simply incredible and the staff are still buzzing today and amped to read your book. There is a type of crazy that challenges the status quo and what we perceive to be possible. Chris Bertish has this in bucketloads and inspires people to be a better version of themselves. Huge appreciation and respect!” Robin Oliver Managing Director, DigiCape South Africa
- “Chris’s talk about achieving our own goals was truly fantastic. My team found it engaging and inspiring, linking in all our key focused messages, while leaving a lasting impression and fueling a higher level of confidence and motivation to take on the challenges we face going forward.” Alexander Anson-Esparza Head of Marketing, Clicks Group
- “Chris shared his personal story which was extremely inspirational to all the agents at our Conference. I believe every person in the room walked away feeling that they could conquer the challenges that lay before them. He was engaging and had their full attention for the whole duration of his presentation.” Anna Davis Marketing Manager, Pam Golding Properties