Available forKeynote, Virtual Presentation, Fireside Chat, Moderator, Panel, Webinar, Workshop & Training
Domestic In-Person (USA): $12,500*
International In-Person: Please inquire
* Ranges are presented as a guideline only. Speaker fees vary by engagement type and are subject to change without notice. For an exact quote, please contact Gravity Speakers.
Traveling FromCalifornia, USA
Christie Pitts is VP of Operations at Mahmee, a maternal healthcare company on a mission to make the US the best place in the world to give birth. She co-founded the VCs for Repro initiative, focused on the intersection of the economy and reproductive justice, and hosts the Moms at Work liveshow to build community, raise awareness, and advocate for better experiences for working moms.
She is also an experienced early-stage investor formerly at Backstage Capital having invested in more than 200 companies led by underrepresented (women, people of color, and LGBTQ) founders. Christie led company sourcing, diligence, portfolio management, and investor relations for the firm. Additionally, Christie led the launch of the first global accelerator for underrepresented founders. Backstage Capital’s Accelerator operated in London, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, and Detroit.
Christie is a high-achieving mom, and hosts the live show Moms at Work, where she speaks on a weekly basis with people who are achieving amazing things while raising amazing humans. Christie is motivated by representation, and is dedicated to amplifying unheard stories in her work.
Previously, Christie had a multifaceted career at Verizon. She began as a part-time retail customer service representative and worked her way up through the company, becoming the Associate Director of Marketing and Sales Operations for the Northern California – Nevada – Hawaii region of Verizon Wireless. In this role, Christie led operations and marketing teams, supporting more than 5M wireless customers with annual revenues in excess of $4B. From that role, Christie identified a passion for working with early-stage companies, which led her to work on the Verizon Ventures team as a Principal.
Christie is an inventor and has a patent for a connected IoT device. She has been featured in Fast Company, Forbes, BBC, and TechCrunch. She concepted and launched the Verizon Ventures podcast, appears regularly on Backstage’s The Bootstrapped VC podcast, and is the co-host of 0G: A History of Forgotten Phones, with fellow VC and phone aficionado Peter Rojas.
Moms at Work Live
Christie is available to interview a mom and leader in your organization, exploring relevant topics like their journey to parenthood, how being a mom impacts their work, what their support system looks like at home, recent ambitious achievements, and more.
Underestimate Me? I Dare You!
Christie shares lessons learned from investing in more than 200 companies led by women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ founders.
The Future is Here (Workshop)
Christie educates your organization on how changing demographics will affect your products and business lines over time. Attendees will leave with an understanding of how to anticipate and respond to economic changes, leading to a more resilient organization.
- Presentation on current demographic trends and economic impact
- Group session with exercise based on your product line and roadmap to identify how changing demographics will impact your business
- Presentation on design thinking
- Ideation session: How to address consumer experience given demographic learnings
Building a Resilient Team: How to Lead with Humanity
Christie shares lessons learned from leading and developing a fully remote team with dignity.
- Early-stage Investing
- Investing in Underrepresented Founders
- Investing in:
- CPG / Direct to consumer E-Commerce Companies
- Enterprise Tech Companies
- Women’s Health
- Autonomous Vehicles
- Fund and Portfolio Management
- Recruiting and Retaining Top Talent
- Building an Inclusive Culture
- Developing People to Their Fullest Potential
- Communication and Accountability Strategy
- Building a Resilient Organization
- Transformational Change through Innovation
- Corporate Development and Investment