Available forKeynote, Fireside Chat, Panel, Moderator, Webinar, Workshop and Training
US East: $5,000 – $10,000*
US West: $5,000 – $10,000*
Mexico: $5,000 – $10,000*
South America: $10,000 – $20,000*
Europe: $10,000 – $20,000*
Asia: Please inquire
Other: Please inquire
* Ranges are presented as a guideline only. Speaker fees vary by engagement type and are subject to change without notice. For an exact quote, please contact Gravity Speakers.
Traveling FromMaryland, USA
Lolita Taub is the Chief of Staff at Baltimore-based workforce AI and data science company, Catalyte, working on her dream of a world where tech is created and led by our population’s diversity. Catalyte’s novel workforce development model uses artificial intelligence to identify individuals, regardless of background, who have the innate potential and cognitive ability to be great software developers—a mission that aligns with Taub’s vision of a world “where tech is pioneered by the diversity of our population.” — Decoding Bias in AI, Phillips Academy
Taub was born in South Central Los Angeles to Mexican parents who immigrated to the United States with no money and no family to go to for support. They did this, Taub says, so that their children could achieve the American Dream. Her father found jobs as a migrant farmworker, in a door manufacturing factory, and as a truck driver. Her mother babysat and cleaned houses. “We grew up poor,” Taub says. “People used to tell me that I’d be a high school dropout and go on welfare.” At age 34, she has a bachelor’s degree, an MBA, and 13 years of experience working in the tech industry—including high-profile positions at venture funds built on investing in women, people of color, and the LBGTQ+ community.
Outside of Catalyte, she is a current Venture Partner at NexGen and LP at Portfolia’s Enterprise Fund; and a former VC at Backstage Capital and K Fund. Prior to her venture career, Lolita spent nearly a decade in B2B tech, consulting and selling solutions to enterprises cross-industry at IBM, Cisco Systems, Silicon Valley and NYC startups.
Lolita Taub is a woman of color with 13 years in tech, is an investor, micro-influencer, an international keynote speaker, 2x TEDx speaker, who has been recognized for her work in venture capital and tech on Forbes, Inc.com, The Huffington Post and Entrepreneur.com among other publications.
Latinx Allyship, Power, and Belonging
A leadership + motivational fireside chat.
Host a candid leadership and motivational 1-hour fireside-chat about Latinx allyship, power, and belonging, that goes beyond generic Latinx discussion, brings awareness and understanding of the complexity of the Latinx experience in the workplace, tech, finance, and U.S. The chat will provide employees with differentiated content around real matters or themes that affect the Latinx community and our Allies.
- Power and allyship: Underrepresentation can make it difficult for Latinx to achieve their goals and aspirations. And even when companies understand the benefits of greater diversity and inclusion, there is a perception that it will take a long time for change to occur. We can change that with the power of allyship.
- Belonging and allyship: Identity is complex and not binary — people can (and do) associate to multiple identities on a spectrum based on gender, race, orientation, etc. This intersectionality is important to recognize not only for those in the Latinx community but for Allies.
Audience take-away: Latinx members can walk away with a strategy or tactic to have conversations with their peers regarding their identity and/or advancing their careers.
Who this is for: Professionals, allies, and companies that welcome individuals and support the attraction, engagement, and growth of their Latinx talent while celebrating the diverse cultures within this community.
What people are saying: “I enjoyed hearing your story today. I am a Latinx ally who is looking for ways to support this awesome community in and outside of work. I really loved your spirit, zeal and candor today. Thank you for spending time with us and helping people like myself learn about your culture, how to help and what to be aware of. You rock!” – LK
Raising Inclusive AI: How to Keep Bias Out
A disruption and innovation workshop.
In this 1-hour workshop and Q&A session, we create an opportunity for individuals to widen their perspective on bias in artificial intelligence (AI). Often the concept of AI gets watered down to the ideology that it is neutral and therefore does not include discussions of race, class, sex, etc. Through this workshop, Lolita discusses the various ways in which AI can both address and amplify bias, using historical and contemporary examples.
- AI overview
- AI disruption and innovation: We discuss the impact of AI on our personal and professional lives.
- Interactive AI and bias group and individual exercise: Through a couple of exercises we witness first-hand how AI can both amplify and address bias
- Ensuring inclusive AI: We go over how techie and non-techie people can address and keep bias out.
Audience take-away: Audience members, both technical and non-technical, can walk away curious, with a clear understanding of AI basics, its implications, and tactics to combat bias in AI in and out of work.
Who this is for: Students, employees, and organizations that want to expand their community’s understanding of bleeding-edge technologies, their implications on humanity, and what we can do to make sure tech is inclusive.
What people are saying: “It was great hearing you speak, and briefly meeting you today. Thank you again for sharing your story, your passion, and your leadership counsel. As I’ve said to many who couldn’t join today, you were truly remarkable. Keep serving your passion – you’re having an impact!” – MM
In addition to the above topics and formats, Lolita Taub keynotes on the topics of Diversity in Tech, Future of Work, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Venture Capital.
- “I enjoyed hearing your story today at Vanguard. I am a Latinx ally who is looking for ways to support this awesome community at Vanguard and outside of work. I really loved your spirit, zeal and candor today. Thank you for spending time with us and helping people like myself learn about your culture, how to help, and what to be aware of. You rock!” Lauren Kiernan Financial Services Leader, Vanguard
- “It was great hearing you speak, and briefly meeting you today. Thank you again for sharing your story, your passion, and your leadership counsel. As I’ve said to many who couldn’t join today, you were truly remarkable. Keep serving your passion – you’re having an impact!” MM
- “Strategic and results-oriented leader” is the phrase that comes to mind when I think about Lolita. I’ve had the pleasure of knowing her for the year, during her internship with K Fund and as an MBA candidate at the IE Business School. Above all, I’ve been impressed with Lolita’s ability to strategically form alliances with the startup and VC community, mobilize resources (in and out the tech space), lead and manage her MBA capstone project team, and accomplish her goals. And of course, I appreciate that as she accomplishes objectives and grows she shares insights through her talks and blog posts. Lolita would be a true asset for any position requiring a strategic thinking mind that gets things done!” Ignacio Larru Chief Financial Officer, KFund
- “Lolita was instrumental in the launch and creation of Cisco’s North America internal gaming community, mobilizing over 60 Cisco account managers in the path to developing a collaboration platform to socialize and enable Cisco’s gaming portfolio.” William Gustafson Certified Business Architect
- “Lolita is a true connector and visionary. She foresaw the value brought about by a series of tribal gaming partners, made introductions, and enabled my organization to run a forward thinking tribal gaming booth at the largest tribal gaming conference, the National Indian Gaming Association Conference. Lolita also put the Synergy and Cisco Reservation of the Future solution on the map. Incredible.” Jonathan Eaton Executive Director and Principal, Synergy Information Solutions