Available forKeynote, Virtual Presentation, Fireside Chat, Workshop and Training
US East: $10,000 – $20,000*
US West: $10,000 – $20,000*
Europe: Please Inquire
Asia: Please Inquire
Other: Please Inquire
* Ranges are presented as a guideline only. Speaker fees vary by engagement type and are subject to change without notice. For an exact quote, please contact Gravity Speakers.
Traveling FromNevada, USA
Marilyn Sherman is dedicated to training people to let go of obstacles and live and work with courage, commitment, and confidence. For the last 22 years, she has motivated audiences all over the country, and internationally with topics about hope, inspiration, and practical tools to implement immediately.
With clients in government, corporations, and hospitality, Marilyn is known for giving people success strategies to overcome obstacles, have a more positive mindset, and reduce conflict in the workplace. Her live presentations and her accompanying motivational books have been described as ‘life-changing’.
She is a graduate of Washington State University and is currently an Artist in Residence for High Point University. Her first job in corporate America was with a finance company who saw her management potential early on and put her into an 18-month accelerated management program. She eventually became a training officer for that company writing and delivering their leadership training. Marilyn worked for a seminar company before starting her own speaking and training company. Clients that have been inspired by her keynotes include Coca-Cola, McDonald’s, the F.D.I.C., the US Post Office, and every kind of association from Candle companies to Bar Association Executives, to SHRM.
She is the author of 4 motivational books including her latest on goal-setting called Is There A Hole In Your Bucket List?
Marilyn is a Certified Speaking Professional™, the highest earned designation in the speaking profession with only 12% of speakers worldwide holding this designation.
She loves living and working in Las Vegas with her French Husband, Yves. She serves on the board of a non-profit after-school program for homeless and underprivileged youth called The Village of Hope and is very involved with Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada.
Front-Row Leadership™ How Top Performers Never Settle for Balcony Seats
It’s hard to lead front-row teams when you’re stuck in the balcony. It’s frustrating to lead a team when you’ve lost your leadership mojo! Everyone needs some motivation and inspiration to breakthrough to the next level. You are not alone. You know you can accomplish more with an energized, motivated team. With a keynote presentation by Marilyn Sherman, you’ll learn the secrets that high performers use to be in the front-row. You’ll be able to accomplish more results, achieve bigger goals, and overcome fears and insecurities that don’t serve you or your team. Call today to discuss having Marilyn Sherman motivate, inspire and usher you to your front-row!
Take away value and ROI: Increased sales, increased employee engagement, motivated workforce, bigger results.
Communicating for Results: From Conflict to Cooperation
No one likes conflict and it’s not fun having to confront employees on their behavior. How do you let someone know they need to improve without having a constructive conversation escalate into workplace drama? You need to know what to say, when to say it, and how to say it in order to resolve potential conflict situations before people get too upset. Plus, teams are so much more effective when people are straightforward in their communication without harboring any resentments from past unresolved conflict. This workshop will have you walking out knowing that you have the tools to keep your cool when confronting others, or even when you’re being confronted by someone else. Oh, and by the way, you will now know what to say to the bully so they won’t bother you again. You will be able to tell it like it is but in a way that brings people together and not alienate or divide.
Take away value and ROI: More clear communication, less conflict, higher performing teams.
Which V are You? Managing Change Like a Volunteer Instead of a Victim or Vacationer
If your organization isn’t going through some type of change now, it means one of two things: You have already gone through a major change, or you are about to! When people are asked to change; they become a Victim, a Vacationer or a Volunteer. Obviously if they choose to be a Victim or Vacationer, the chances of the change being successful are severely hampered. You will learn the effects of each V, and what outcome it can have on your team. This program is an interactive workshop, helping you move towards the mindset of a volunteer: resourceful, opportunistic, positive, helpful, open-minded and vision oriented. Sounds better than being bitter, resentful, helpless and sabotaging! Prior to this workshop, plan on supplying Marilyn with your current vision – so the program can be about YOUR change. She will start with what the change means and what can be done to navigate the change more successfully.
Take away value and ROI: Quicker time to success when change is implemented, less stress during change, more open communication.
- "Marilyn Sherman has presented at the annual WFF Leadership Development Conference for more than 8 years. Her high-energy, motivational programs are packed to “standing–room-only” crowds. Marilyn’s programs are among the highest-rated by our attendees, and we are continuously fielding requests for Marilyn’s return year after year. I would strongly recommend Marilyn to any foodservice organization that wants to challenge their employees to “break out of their comfort zones and lead from the front row”!!" Director of Professional Development Women's Foodservice Forum
- "Your talk was inspiring to all of us and we truly learned and relearned some key insights from you." Don Knauss President & COO of Coca-Cola
- "Marilyn – thank you for a fabulous workshop! We are very energized with tools to be successful in life, i.e. having a vision, overcoming obstacles (excuses) and having set goals." Sally Foong Cunningham Ecolab's E3 Professional Development Day Team
- "Thank you for coming to speak at the Fuddruckers/Koo Koo Roo Convention. We received such positive feedback from our associates, franchisees, and vendors after your speaking engagement. Many expressed how much they enjoyed your message and the humor in which it was presented. Thank you again for taking the time to be a part of our convention and contributing to our wonderful experience in Las Vegas." Jennifer Lewis Fuddruckers
- "Thank you so much for presenting to the McDonald’s Global Internal Audit department. We received wonderful feedback on both sessions: ‘Marilyn’s presentation was impressive’ ‘Wow – Marilyn has so much enthusiasm in her presentation skills that it’s contagious!’ ‘I was so empowered to take charge and change some things in my life’ ‘I found Marilyn’s presentation very interesting and alive. She is a great speaker, knows how to keep our focus and attention.’ ‘I absolutely loved the presentation!’ We hope to work with you again." Amy Jones Internal Audit Manager McDonald's Corporation
- "You were a pleasure to work with from the early planning stages of the webinar all the way to the post webinar follow-up. The information is your speech and the additional reference material you provided were both fascinating and timely. Our only regret is that we didn’t have more time with you. I look forward to working with you in the future." Vincenzo Nelli Assitant Executive Director Society for Foodservice Management