Available forKeynote, Fireside Chat, Panel, Workshop & Training
US East: $10,000 – $25,000*
US West: $10,000 – $25,000*
Europe: Please inquire
Asia: Please inquire
Other: Please inquire
* Ranges are presented as a guideline only. Speaker fees vary by engagement type and are subject to change without notice. For an exact quote, please contact Gravity Speakers.
Traveling FromMaryland, USA
Affectionately known as “The Race Healer,” Milagros is a keynote speaker, TEDx presenter, certified coach, and author. She has been presenting and keynoting programs for over 35 years on race literacy, racial conditioning, and healing from racism that inform, transform, and lead to inspired action. These programs are presented at educational institutions, Fortune 100 companies, corporations, and public courses and seminars.
Milagros was the Founding Executive Director of “The National Resource Center for the Healing of Racism” and she has served as Expert in Residence for the W.K. Kellogg Foundation. She co-developed the Race Equity Framework Model to End HIV and authored Speaking Race and Healthcare to End HIV: Manual to New Dialogue for The National Minority AIDS Council (NMAC). The Center for Alternative Dispute Resolution has incorporated her Race Demystified & the Healing Process as part of the curriculum in their conflict resolution certification training. Michigan State University uses part of her Transformation, Race, and Healing program to train their diversity facilitators. She served as the senior consultant for Search for Common Ground and The Faith and Politics Institute as they worked collaboratively to develop Congressional Conversations on Race (CCR), where she developed a three-part approach to a race conversation that became the foundation for CCR, a program that she co-facilitated for three years. This program assisted members of Congress in crafting a productive conversation about race leading to community action and collaboration. Milagros has been invited to be a blogger for the Community and Culture’s Dialogue on Public Libraries at the Aspen Institute and is currently a member of the American Ballet Theater (ABT) RISE Advisory Council as they create greater inclusion in the world of Ballet.
Her background uniquely prepared her to do this work. Milagros’ indoctrination began early as a Black, Hispanic child. She spent her formative years living under a dictatorship in the Caribbean and understands the various forms that oppression takes. She has experienced racism and prejudice in two languages and understands the impact of both racism and colonization on the human psyche. Moreover, she is committed to compassionate transformation.
In her 35+ years facilitating seminars and conversations around race, she found that people often lack the information with which to transform. Without the systemic and institutional background that has led to mass racial conditioning, it is difficult to get beyond the personal. The missing information associated with race keeps us in a loop of endless repetition. However, we are not stuck. Milagros believes that race literacy and awareness puts us in the driver’s seat of our lives and allows us to choose differently.
Fluent in English and Spanish, Milagros is also the producer and host of Race Healer TV and creator of Race Healer Magazine. She is the author of three books: 11 Reasons to Become Race Literate: A Pocket Guide to a New Conversation; 8 Essentials to a Race Conversation: A Manual to a New Dialogue; and Speaking Race in Healthcare: A Manual for the Dialogue. Her newest book Cracking the Healers Code: A Prescription for Healing Racism and Finding Wholeness, will be published in August 2021.
Cracking the Code of Our Racial Conditioning
Our nation has 4 levels of racial conditioning. These levels of conditioning impact implicit and explicit bias. How they interplay with each other affects how we see ourselves and each other. Understanding the code helps us create better relationships at work, create a more equitable work environment and support the organization’s diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Explains what the 4 agreements in our racial conditioning.
- Unravels how these agreements form a code.
- Explores how these agreements affect our work/life.
- And gives us ways of cracking the code for a better work/life
Race & Work Relations: Unraveling the 5 Layers of Racial Conditioning
Looking to create better work relationships?
There are 5 different ways that we have acquired and internalized our racial conditioning. All 5 layers are interconnected. Understanding and unraveling these layers gives us context, helps us create better work relationships, makes it easier to understand race-related conflicts, and helps us achieve a more equitable work environment.
In this program, we will:
- Explore the 5 layers of racial conditioning for context and meaning
- Look at the ways we unconsciously maintain these layers
- Find new ways of working with race-related conflict
- Look at how a new understanding can create new possibilities
Speaking Race in Diversity & Inclusion: The Essentials to the Conversation
Even organizations with great diversity and inclusion departments struggle when it comes to dealing with racial tensions. Conversation can feel difficult and awkward. However, understanding the essentials can ease the stress of the conversation, and create better work relationships. This speech covers the 8 essentials needed for a successful race conversation.
The Advantages of Race Literacy
Race Literacy is a powerful antidote to a racially charged work environment. This speech addresses – What is Race literacy? How does it create a more equitable work environment? How does it create better work relationships?
Race & The Spiritual Journey
As spiritual beings experiencing our humanity…
Does racism seem too big to tackle?
Do you see it as other people’s problem?
Does it seem like an issue for our less enlightened siblings?
If you are living in this country at this time, race is part of your spiritual journey. Learn how you have been prepared for these times and how you can use your spiritual knowledge, power, and wisdom to assist in this grand transformation.
In this seminar, we will look at:
- The role of energy work in intergenerational and historical trauma
- An ancient secret hidden in plain sight, backed by science, can help us heal
- How healing your own family trauma can enhance your power as a healer
- Heart-centered techniques for relieving racial stress
- Ancient patterns that guide our actions and reactions and much more
This 1-day seminar is filled with Ahas! It will help you connect the dots, gain a deeper understanding of the spiritual aspect of race. No matter where you are in your spiritual journey, this seminar will help you heal from the inside out.
Race & Healthcare
Racial health disparities make clear the need for a dialogue on race and health that can lead to transformation. Milagros can present and educate on the historical context of racial disparities in healthcare, the distrust of the healthcare system and healthcare providers, and institutional attempts to change the system.
- “Milagros' teachings using historic and science references moved almost 300 participants into awareness by gaining greater understanding and empathy. Many Takeda employees provided feedback about the powerful impact of her presentation and their appreciation for the mind-body-soul connections. Her training is unique because it provides a comprehensive approach to the history of race and racism without placing blame or polarizing groups. She aims at informing and understanding the roots as well as encouraging forgiveness, empathy, and unity.” Karla Zevallos Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- “I have already recommended Milagros to many of my peers. She is a wonderful storyteller who is able to engender empathy and encourage learning. She creates a safe environment, where participants can be stretched, ask questions, and grow in their equity journeys.” Allison Warren-Barbour VP Human Resources at Premera Blue Cross
- “Milagros teaches from a place of love, not fear. She uses emotional data, historical data, and scientific data--it is a breadth and depth of information that I haven’t experienced in this work before.” Gretchen