US East: $10,000 – $20,000*
US West: $10,000 – $20,000*
Europe: $10,000 – $20,000*
Asia: $10,000 – $20,000*
Other: Please Inquire
* Ranges are presented as a guideline only. Speaker fees vary by engagement type and are subject to change without notice. For an exact quote, please contact Gravity Speakers.
Traveling FromCalifornia, USA
Growing up in a military family, Sarita lived in many places, including 9 years in Germany. Moving frequently, she discovered the importance of adapting, staying positive and “playing nicely.”
After earning a Masters Degree in Counseling from the University of Maryland, College Park, Sarita pursued a career in University Administration. Over 13 years she held positions at four state universities including University of Maryland, Old Dominion University, University of California-Davis and University of California-San Diego.
Making a career change in 1993, Sarita became a full-time professional speaker. She started her speaking career as an independent contractor with CareerTrack Seminars and then moved on to her own speaking business. Her high-energy keynote speeches and workshops help audiences have fun learning how to stay positive, confront tough communication challenges and work together better!
Sarita has spoken at campuses, companies, and conferences in ALL 50 states, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Jamaica, Canada, England, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, and Iceland. Her clients include Hewlett Packard, Kaiser Permanente, WD-40, Los Angeles County, Department of Navy and the Las Vegas Convention Center among others.
Sarita was voted a 2012 Top 5 Communication Speaker and had the privilege of speaking on the prestigious TEDx stage. She also served on the Board of Directors for her local YMCA and is a recipient of other honors/awards including, San Diego Women Who Mean Business Finalist, Who’s Who in the South and Southwest, International Who’s Who of Professional and Business Women, Outstanding Young Women of America, and Toastmasters Humorous Speech Contest Winner.
She is also a Past Chapter President of the National Speakers Association and has been interviewed by the media about her book If You Can’t Say Something Nice, What DO You Say?
How to Maintain High-Touch Relationships in High-Tech Times
From Facebook to email and texting, technology has taken over as the primary means of communication. Yet conversations are still a crucial part of relationship-building, both professionally and personally. This upbeat presentation will provide real-life strategies for maintaining “high-touch” relationships while taking advantage of the innovations of “high-tech” times.
Presentation highlights include:
- How to compose reader-friendly emails that cause people to respond.
- Strategies for creating “community” among your eNewsletter readers.
- High-Tech Checklist: Find out whether your cell phone behavior is respectful or rude.
- 3 clues that you should choose to call rather than email or text.
- How to make the most of networking at the “virtual water cooler”.
- Text Talk: Cracking the code of cross-generational communication.
- Sarita’s Survey: What the tech-savvy suggest for staying connected.
How to Stay Positive and Focused in Uncertain Times
The ability to stay positive and productive in the face of change, challenges and uncertainty are essential for career success. In this uplifting presentation, you will learn how to stay motivated, respond to workplace challenges and rekindle passion for your career.
- Seven strategies for thriving on change.
- How to cope with workplace situations that are beyond your control.
- Twelve motivators that can keep you motivated at work.
- Five ways to rekindle passion for your career.
- How to communicate concerns in a way that will get the results you desire.
- How to effectively protect yourself from the negativity of others.
- How to use your “resiliency resources” to bounce back from adversity.
Alternate presentation title: Adapting, Succeeding and Thriving in the Workplace
Communicating for Success
In this interactive presentation, you will learn how to communicate in a way that gets your ideas heard and encourages the cooperation of others. Sarita will also share her Top Ten Positive Communication Phrases and her two “green jello” principles of conflict resolution.
- Find out what your body language is saying.
- How to overcome barriers to listening.
- Key ingredients necessary for resolving conflict.
- How to respond to negative feedback without getting defensive.
- Do’s and Don’ts of Giving Constructive Criticism.
- Sarita’s Top Ten Positive Communication Phrases.
- Sarita’s “green jello” principles of conflict resolution.
If You Can't Say Something Nice, What Do You Say?
We’ve all been told, “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.” This high energy presentation based on Sarita’s book provides practical approaches and positive phrases for those times when you need to say something NOT so nice. Learn how to constructively clue someone in, deflect the negative comment of a well-meaning friend, or let a business colleague know what he or she is doing drives you crazy – without destroying the relationship.
This workshop will provide answers to such questions as:
- How do you know if you should confront a situation or just let it go?
- How can you soften the sting when giving negative feedback or bad news?
- What should you do if someone asks your opinion and you have nothing nice to say?
- How do you tell a colleague-or your boss-a thing or two without appearing ugly or insubordinate?
- What’s the best way to respond to nasty comments like “that’s a dumb idea,” “I knew you couldn’t do it” or “what were you thinking?”
How to Get More Done with Less Stress
Is your reality “do more with less?” In this high energy presentation, you will discover how to get done the things that matter most and set limits with people who make unreasonable demands, including three ways to say “no” nicely. Strategies for conquering habits that add to your stress will also be shared.
- How to determine which tasks are urgent, important…or neither.
- How to spend more time on the tasks that relate to your goals.
- Top five techniques for overcoming procrastination.
- Discover how guilt, perfectionism and other personal traits stress you out and waste your time.
- Fifty clues that you are on stress overload…and what to do about it.
Total Teamwork: Working Together for Better Results
This workshop features a fun, interactive team simulation activity that reveals the roles that team members play and provides insights into handling team challenges. You’ll also complete a ten-item assessment to find out how well your real life team is doing and learn tools for improved team communication and employee engagement.
Presentation highlights include:
- Roles people play – an interactive team simulation activity.
- Tools for improved team communication.
- How to develop team trust.
- How to respond to “anti-group” behavior.
- “Rules of the Road” – developing shared team expectations.
- "Being a keynote speaker for us is not necessarily an easy job as people at UM often have high standards. The evaluations from the conference attendees were excellent. Typical comments were 'Fantastic!' 'Loved her' 'Learned a lot' and 'I'm using what she taught us already.' In short, Sarita was engaging, lively and interactive. She delivered exactly what we needed!" D.O.P.D., Senior Learning Specialist, HR Development, University of Michigan
- "The evaluations showed that you were far and away the most favored educational forum presenter of the three days! You were personally very 'real', you got to know the audience ahead of time, and then once you owned the room (after about 5 seconds!) you spent 90 minutes talking WITH your audience, not AT them. That is the mark of a true professional." S.B., NMA President, National Management Association
- "Sarita, your high energy presentation to over 2300 counselors was EXCELLENT! We appreciated your stories about real-life situations. You actively engaged the audience with humor while making a point and gave us strategies to better ourselves! You are a fabulous speaker who makes learning fun!" D.B.P., Director of Program, Texas Counseling Association
- "Sarita, you exceeded my high expectations! Thank you for energetically and professionally engaging our audience today in a most memorable and positively impactful presentation. You are amazing!" P.L., Director, Business Development & Community Affairs, Comerica Bank
- "Thank you so much for your informative, energetic and engaging presentation to 700+ participants at the Federal Dispute Resolution (FDR) Training and Expo. Attendees were singing your praises the rest of the week. We've had many excellent keynoters in FDR's 29-year history and you are among the best!" D.G., Editorial Director, Federal Group/FDR Advisory Board, LRP Publi